Monday, May 27, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

I had a fun Memorial Day weekend!  I hope you guys did as well!

Friday night was a little crazier than usual...  We had dinner at my in-law's house and put Bates to sleep out there.  Then we went to Alchemy to celebrate a friend's birthday.  At the bar, we ran into other friends who mentioned an abundance of food/drink at their house from a work party the night before.  And like that, an "afterparty" was born.  We got home at - wait for it - ONE AM!  I'm not sure I've stayed out that late since Bates was born.  But it was so much fun!

Major bummer of the whole thing?  I woke up at 6:50am on Saturday (which is actually an hour later than I normally wake up, so at least I wasn't up at 5:50), but I couldn't go back to sleep, so I spent the day super tired and groggy.

But anyway, Bates was returned to us around 11am.  And when he woke up from his afternoon nap, we went to a friend's pool.  (Well, not their pool - their friend's pool who was out of town for the weekend.)  Regardless, this house and pool are gorgeous and it was a lovely afternoon swimming and hanging out.

I watched the Grizzlies game as much as I could.  But my eyes got heavy around 9pm.  I was in bed by 9:30.  (So you can imagine how sad I was to wake up and learn they lost, since they were up by 10+ when I went to bed.)  But Go Grizz - I still love you!

Nothing else major happened during the weekend.  Today we journeyed over to the Mexican popsicle/ice cream place on Summer for some awesome popsicles.  We all had one there (me: cookies & cream; Jonathan: coffee; Bates: rice pudding [kid sized]) and we brought one home (me: avocado; Jonathan: pine nut).  I've had the pine nut one before and still think it's one of the best ones on the menu.  But all the ones we had today were good.  Bates loved the rice pudding pop, which was the perfect size/texture for him.

The weather has been nice.  It has started to get warm, but temps are staying in the high 80s, which isn't nearly as oppressive as the 90s and 100s we will see soon enough.  I generally hate Summer - it's my least favorite season - but I'm trying to be more open minded this year.  Bates loves to be outside and I think we could have a really good three months.  I'm trying to focus on all the fun aspects of the season and not just dwell on the disgusting heat.  Remind me of this in a month or so. :)

Hope you guys had great weekends as well!

1 comment:

LB said...

Yet ANOTHER reason it's great to not have a pine nut allergy!