Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Happy 2013!

Happy new year!  I can't believe 2012 is a thing of the past.  What a wonderful, long, short, life-changing, incredible, fun, difficult, easy, sad, happy year it has been!

Somehow my sweet baby went from this:
To this:
And our life has changed so much!  I remember when 2012 started and I thought, "I'm going to have a child this year" and while I didn't really know what that would look like or what it meant to be a "parent," I knew it would be big.  And it was.  It is.  2012 will always be etched in my mind - the year I became a mother.  Arguably, my second most important year (my own birth being the first).

So I don't really know if 2013 will top 2012.  But I hope it has just as many sweet moments.  More laughter, less tears - all the standard hopes.

No real resolutions here, except to try to live in and really enjoy the moment.  I read a quote on parenting one time that said, "the days are long but the years are short" and it really resonated with me.  Even though there are days when Bates and I just hang around the house playing the same old games with the same old toys, in 2 months he's going to be a year old!  Poof - the time has disappeared in a second.  I want to savor these days.

Happy new year to you!  Here's to more blogging in 2013!

No comments: