Wednesday, April 18, 2012

So That Happened: Bates is 1 Month Old!

I think I'm going to do a small series of blog posts called "So That Happened" to get you guys up to date on our goings on the past month.

So the first one: Bates turned one month old!
I had good intentions to write a blog post at this first month milestone - a sort of "look what happened this month" thing with all kinds of stats (height, weight, developmental things, schedules, habits, etc.) - stuff I can look back on and think "aw - he was such a little guy!"  Yep - you guessed it.  Didn't happen.  He's now a week shy of being two months old.  So I guess I'll start with that month. :)

I do remember this, though.  I was very glad to reach the one-month milestone.  In no way did I have a nostalgic, they-grow-up-too-fast feeling about the whole thing.  The first month with a baby is hard.  It really is.  And then miraculously, they get a little bit older and everything sort of clicks into place.  Your own body gets used to less sleep.  And you and your baby get to know each other a little better, such that you can maybe understand some of the crying and fussing more than in the beginning.  For us, around the end of the first month, we finally learned how to put on his diaper correctly!  I can't tell you how many diapers I've changed in my life, but for some reason, in Bates' first month of life, we would constantly put them on wrong and tinkle would shoot out of the side almost every time.  We've got that worked out now, thankfully.

Anyway - Bates turned one month old!  Woo hoo!  And mommy and daddy were very glad.  And I'm sure he was, too, because he became more accustomed to this crazy outside world vs. my warm, cozy body he lived in for 9 months.

So that happened.

1 comment:

LB said...

I love that he's totally zonked out on that chair. Hey by the way, when are you going to post the professional pics you got taken?! At least link us to the site :)