Monday, March 19, 2012

A Little of This, A Little of That

I hope everyone had a good weekend!  Ours was great!  (Actually, my weekdays and weekends aren't all that different except Jonathan is home [which is a lovely addition, don't get me wrong.])  But either way, we aren't doing too much stuff.

I couldn't help but think about St. Patrick's Days of yore on Saturday.  Sleeping in, getting some Fino's, then maybe heading to Celtic to enjoy friends and green brews.  This year, Bates' second nighttime feeding had me awake until 6:45am and then he woke up for the day about 8:30.  Oh well.  At least he was in the spirit.
O'Baby!  (This was a gift from a baby shower.)

Other than that - here are some random rambles.

1) Bates is 3 weeks old!  Big boy!

2) After I've been pumping for a week and measuring ounces Bates takes in per day, he's back up (and a little above) his birth weight!

3) Thanks for all the lovely comments on my breastfeeding post.  It's such a personal thing - and it seems like everyone has their opinion on what they think is correct.  Thanks for your words of encouragement.

4) We're doing newborn pictures this afternoon with a cool local photographer, Ramblin' Rose.  I looked into her for our wedding photography, but she was booked.  We were happy with the woman who shot our wedding, but she's now pursuing other things and isn't doing straight-up photography anymore.  But I love the look of the newborn sample shots on Ramblin's website, so I hope we get some good ones!

5) My mom will be here until tomorrow.  I'll miss her help around here. :(

6) Jonathan and I had two dates this weekend!  My mom stayed home with Bates so we could go out to dinner Saturday and Sunday night.  On Saturday, I had sushi!  The first time in 10 months!  It was glorious.

7) We've watched a lot of basketball this weekend.  All the upsets are crazy!  We were obviously quite disappointed Memphis lost to St. Louis.  Next year, boys...

8) I never thought I'd be one of those moms who constantly checks to make sure her kid is breathing at night...but I am.  Bates is in a bassinet next to our bed, and multiple times a night, I use the light from my cell phone to make sure his swaddle blanket is moving up and down.

9) We've been putting him in his crib for one of his daytime naps.  He looks so teeny tiny in that big bed!  (Also, we have this awesome baby monitor that has a sensor pad under the mattress that detects movement [like breathing].  So if he stops moving for x amount of seconds, an alarm goes off so we can go check on him.)

10) Everything is blooming in Memphis because temps have been in the 80s.  My mom's allergies are going crazy.  I was curious why my own allergies were ok.  Then I realized it's because I rarely leave the house.  Awesome.

11) I'm excited to be able to exercise again.  I've been going on slow walks around the neighborhood, but nothing more than that until after my 6-week postpartum check up.  I'm about 5 pounds away from my pre-preg weight and I don't think I'll get back there until I can move more.  (Side note, even though 5 pounds isn't really anything major, none of my pre-preg clothes are fitting right.  My stomach is still expanded, so all my pants create an enormous muffin top.)  My goal is to be back at weight and clothing size by the time we get Bates baptized, which is tentatively scheduled for early June.  I'm not beating myself up, though.  Actually, the opposite - I'm thanking my lucky stars for good genes which essentially had me 5 pounds away from my pre-preg weight about 5 days after his birth.

12) We got this big guy in the mail the other day from my dad.


That's all I've got right now.  I hope everyone is well.  And like I said in the last post, I'm hoping to be able to get more on here soon!

5 comments:

LB said...

I was wondering if Michelle was there! Is she loving being Gigi? Glad to hear all is well and that you got some sushi!!! Love that big bear from Gar too :)

Sarah said...

I love that sweet picture of little Bates with his new bear. Can't wait to meet him in April.

Wendy said...

I knew you were going to shrink right back down to teeny-tiny in no time! You stayed so healthy and were ALL belly during your pregnancy.
Love all the baby pics! What a cutie! :)
We all miss you at the MOKE!

katie said...

LOVE the picture with the bear. miss y'all!

Wendy said...

Here is the link :)