Monday, February 20, 2012

What We Were Up To This Weekend...

Not a ton!  I'll say this, though: on Friday, I was convinced I was having the baby that night.  All week I had been having period-like cramps, but they really amped up Friday afternoon.  All along I had planned to get a pedicure on my Monday off work, but I decided to go after work Friday because I was so convinced I'd have a baby by today.  I was also having some nausea and didn't have much of an appetite.  Jonathan and I ran a couple errands that night and picked him up something for dinner (I had a bagel and frozen yogurt - all I could really stomach).  We put on a DVRed Downton Abbey so I could take my mind off the cramping.

If you recall, I had a haircut on Saturday morning - so I really didn't want to have the baby before that (because come on, who knows when I'll be able to go once baby is here).  I woke up at one point in the night and was convinced I was in labor.  I was trying to rationalize in my head how I could delay the labor until after the haircut (<------ sign of a crazy person in the middle of the night).

Lo and behold, I woke up Saturday morning and was not in labor.  The cramping was gone, too.  I made it to my haircut as planned - PHEW - ha.

The rest of the weekend was less eventful:

-We spent Saturday watching basketball, reading, running some errands, lounging on the couch, etc.  It was quite nice, actually.

-That night we went for Mexican food followed by more frozen yogurt whatev don't judge and then came home to watch the Grizzlies game on tv.

-Sunday was a big cleaning day - we figured we needed to deep clean (scrub the shower, majorly clean the kitchen, clean the bathrooms, etc.) instead of just our weekly clean ups before baby gets here.

-We also went for a nice (slow) walk with Hank to enjoy the sunshine.

It was a good weekend.  (Although, technically, today is still my weekend.  Ahhhh - loving stock market holidays.)

No comments: