Anyway - here are some highlights:
1) Lunch with Patti at Stone Soup on Saturday. Yum & fun.
2) Freaking FINALLY watching the first episode of the new season of Downton Abbey! Can't wait to watch more!
3) Total vegetation on Saturday night. Jonathan went to the Tigers game with a friend, so I lounged on the couch and watched "girl tv" - that is, stuff like TLC, Food Network, HGTV, Cooking Channel, OWN, etc. (And to keep what street cred I have left after admitting that, I'll mention that I also watched some basketball.)
4) Youth Sunday at church (where the high school seniors preach). This was surprisingly nice and we're especially glad we went
5) Sitting on the phone with Babies R Us for 45 minutes trying to work out our 10% discount "completion code" for our registry. Note I also spent 45 minutes on the phone with Amazon a few weeks ago trying to get that completion discount worked out. Come on places with baby registries - pregnant women don't need the aggravation! But - for the record - all stuff is ordered from BRU and after it arrives, I think we're good to go!
6) Going to "Kidstown" on Friday after work. It's a twice-a-year baby gear consignment sale at the Agricenter. It was awesome! They have any/everything you could possibly need and it's all super cheap. I spent less than $30 and got: some clothes, about 20 baby books, an unused child safety kit (for $3 - it costs $30 at BRU), and a What To Expect The 1st Year book. It will be really nice to go to the next one once we actually have the baby.
In addition to that, we also got more baby stuff done around the house:
1) Jonathan installed multiple smoke/carbon monoxide detectors.
2) Jonathan put together the Pack N Play, which the baby will sleep in next to our bed for a few weeks when we first bring s(he) home.
3) We filled out some more stuff in our baby book.
4) We got some shelves in the nursery organized.
5) I went to Target and bought what I hope will be the last of the stuff we need from there for now.
6) We washed more itty-bitty clothes.
7) We got the labor playlist of music together.
I'm in this kind of weird place right now where I really want to keep the house tidy most of the time since we don't know when labor will start (and don't want to come home from the hospital to a dirty/messy house). So we did some general cleaning/straightening of the house as well.
It was a good weekend. I hope you guys enjoyed yours as well!