Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Be Mine

Oh Valentine's Day, I don't really have much to say about you...

-Jonathan and I aren't really "celebrating."  I'll probably pick up some cupcakes or something so we can have a special dessert.

-I'm having a lovely afternoon, though, with a prenatal massage after work. :)

-I'm usually obsessed with those conversation hearts for V-day (so yummy!).  At the end of this pregnancy, though, I've been loving the chocolate.  I might need to hit up the local Walgreens in a couple days to get some sale items.

-Jonathan sang a lovely tributary rendition of I Will Always Love You the other night when we were cooking dinner.  (But can I just say, I think Whitney is getting more news coverage than necessary I would've expected.  Right??  Anyone else??)

-We used to get lots of Valentine's candy from our parents when we were kids.  It was awesome!  One of those enormous Hershey's Kisses almost always made an appearance.

-Am I going out on a limb to say that every Valentine's-specific piece of jewelry those heavily-advertised jewelery stores (Kay's, Jared, etc.) is selling this year is ugly?  I've seen an atrocious charm bracelet.  And a few diamond/heart pendant necklace deals that are just not attractive.

Anyway - whatev!  Are you guys doing anything to celebrate with your significant other?

2 comments:

Jonathan said...

I better return the charm bracelet with the "bun in the oven" charm and "carrot" charm for vegetarianism.

LB said...

Charm bracelets are so weirdly in right now! Although I will say, I had a pretty rad one when I was in middle school. As in, NOT when I was a grown woman like they're targeting now.