I was explaining to my friend this weekend that if we knew 100% this baby wouldn't arrive until close to his/her due date, I would feel 1000x less stressed about preparations right now. But since the little guy/gal could show up any old time (s)he pleases, I'm trying to get a bunch of stuff done now.
So our weekend was filled with lots of baby prep...
1) We spent our exciting Friday night trekking out to Garden Ridge (yippee!). And then since we were on Summer Ave., we went to one of the many Mexican restaurants, El Palmar. The funny part of the whole night was when Lb texted me a picture she found of us in college having some crazy antics. Jonathan and I commented how my weekend night was now spent at Garden Ridge and not getting c-r-a-z-y with friends. Oh growing up...
2) I had a lovely breakfast with Emily at Stone Soup on Saturday morning.
3) I ran a bunch of errands during the day (things like buying baby clothes, making returns, buying a diaper bag, etc.).
4) Saturday night we went to Sweet Grass Next Door, sat at the bar, ate dinner, and watched the Grizzlies game. It was a fun night!
5) Sunday morning we went to church, then spent the day doing normal Sunday stuff, and cleaning up the nursery and washing baby clothes/gear.
6) There was a lot of basketball, football, and tennis watching, too.
7) We also attempted to trim Hank's hair ourselves. Maybe not our best idea? He looks a little bit like a puppy ragamuffin now.
Overall it was a good weekend. I hope you guys had good ones, too!