Thursday, January 12, 2012

My New Primping Routine

A couple months ago, I wrote about my hair.  I was unsure if I should keep growing it long (so I could have it in a ponytail), or cut it short again so I could wash it at night and have it look good the next day.  As we can see from all my pictures, I'm sticking with the long and trying to get it to maybe shoulder-length?  Maybe a tad longer?

Anyway, I'm really happy with the shape of my last cut.  So, because of that, I'm hoping to wear it down a lot.  But the problem is I'm a night showerer and by the next morning, it doesn't sit right (it gets creases and loses all volume and can't be fluffed up with products).

(And no, I don't want to switch off of night showering.  I have some weird germ issues with getting into bed when I'm not clean.  But that's a whole other post...)

So!  I've come up with a new plan that has been working great!  I do a "rinse" shower at night - this is my term for when I completely shower, but don't wash my hair.  And then in the morning, I lean over the faucet in the shower and wash my hair.  Both take substantially less time than if I do a full-on shower (since, when taking a "normal" shower, I tend to stand in there and let the hot water run over me for longer than the average person, just to relax a little).  And another great benefit is that my skin looks good when it's time to leave the house.  I have super dry skin, so especially in winter, after I take a full on shower, it gets really red and blotchy and doesn't die down for a couple of hours.

I'm wondering if this will be good, too, for the first month or so of baby's life?  It seems like Jonathan could watch the child while I do a rinse at night, and then at some point during the day, I'd be able to bring the baby into the bathroom with me while I spend 3 minutes washing my hair.  Or I could just have dirty hair during the day.  We'll see.

No comments: