Tuesday, December 6, 2011

My Un-Wonderful-ish Day Off

I shouldn't complain, because I guess regardless, it was nice not to be at work yesterday.  But man, the day could've been 300x nicer...

I had a bunch of errands to run.  I knew this and planned my day for it.  I didn't plan, however, for pouring rain and cold temperatures ALL DAY.  I think Memphis has had multiple inches of rain in the past couple days because it just hasn't let up.

Basically what ended up happening was my day of errands (which should've probably taken a couple hours) took four because of bad drivers, flooded streets, my reluctance to take the highway (because of aforementioned bad drivers and flooded streets), and general slowdowns due to dealing with pouring rain.

But to look on the bright side - because there's always a bright side, right? 1) I got all the errands done; 2) it was the most awesome sample day I've ever encountered at Whole Foods; 3) Target had Edy's Slow Churned in Eggnog flavor; 4) I got a smoothie from Cosmic Coconut; and 5) I was able to walk for an hour on the treadmill at 4.1!  When you look at those things, the day doesn't seem bad at all!

It's back to the grind today, though.  And grind it is, because we have tons of stuff going on at work before the end of the year...bleh.

No comments: