Monday, December 19, 2011

Last Weekend Before Xmas

I still can't believe Christmas is less than a week away.  It was in the 60s here yesterday, it barely feels like winter, let alone the major holiday of this season.

Anyway - I know I've been saying this most Mondays, but it was a great weekend!

Friday (since I took the day off work)
-Christmas cooking baking!  It was extra awesome because I fulfilled my baking urge and then gave away most of the goods (so I didn't eat them myself).
-Prenatal massage - loved this!  Thanks to my mom for the gift card, which will also let me get one more before the pregnancy is over.
-Dinner party at Katie's - delicious food, fun company, and great conversation.

Saturday
-Even though I usually laugh at people who do this at the last minute, I went shopping for my final Christmas presents.  The stars were aligned, though: I got to the mall & got the 2nd parking space, got 40% off one of my purchases, and didn't have to wait in line at the other place.  When I left the mall, the parking lot was filled to the brim and 100s of people were walking in - phew!
-Jonathan and friends moved the monster desk!  Hooray!  They took it to a friend's office building that has some extra storage space.  So thankful for all who helped us!
-We were supposed to go to Meagan's Christmas party, but my back was absolutely killing me and I was exhausted from the night before.  So instead, Jonathan and I got Bhan Thai and watched Love Actually on the couch at home.  It was a nice night.

Sunday
-Marathon church service - sheesh.
-Jonathan's parents stopping by afterwards.
-Lunch at Stone Soup.  (And I've got to shout out that their pimento cheese sandwich on the homemade bread was out. of. this. world.  Like, I'm wondering if I'll need to go back this week to get it again.)
-Painting the first coat of primer in the nursery.  "First coat" because we're going from hunter green to a light robin's egg blue/grey.
-Painting more of the dresser.

Overall it was friend-filled and fun and productive.  Love it!  I hope you guys had good ones, too.

No comments: