Friday, December 30, 2011

Fetal Friday: 31 Weeks

I decided to take a little holiday break from blogging.  But don't you worry, I'll be back next week with all sorts of things to share: Christmas, productive time off from work, a new smoothie I've been making all the time, New Years, etc.  But in the meantime, I didn't want to miss 2 Fetal Fridays in a row, so here we are, 31 weeks...

How Big Is Baby
Baby is the size of a head of lettuce (19 inches) and 3.9 pounds.

Symptoms
Nothing too bad...heartburn at night and low back pain after lots of standing/activity.  Generally though, I'm starting to notice this big, hard belly more and more.  One's motion is pretty limited when there's a hard bowling ball for a stomach.

Weight Gain
One pound each of the past two weeks (since I last blogged). Total gain: 21 pounds.

Exercise
I basically had no exercise when we were in Chicago for Christmas.  But I've tried to take the dog on long walks (1 hour) everyday since we've been home.

Food
I ate a ton in Chicago - big meals, lots of desserts, lots of sweets that were sitting around the house, etc.  So upon arriving home, I've been trying to cool out with the eating and pump up the healthy foods.

Dr.'s Appointment
Not until next week.

What I'm Looking Forward To
Our childbirth classes start next week!  Every Thursday for the month of January.

Preparations / Decisions Being Made
Lots has happened in the nursery and we're hoping to have it spiffed up for the weekend of my Memphis shower (when friends will be in town).  Also, we're trying to learn a lot about childbirth so we can make an informed decision about different options for pain management during labor.  I'm hoping to make the first draft of my Birth Plan to take to the doctor next week so we can edit it and see what's possible/impossible in the hospital setting.  I don't want to be one of "those women" who walks into the hospital with a 5-page list of exactly how I want my labor to go, but I also don't want to just be at the mercy of the nurses - I'd like to have a voice (which will probably be voiced by Jonathan) through the whole process, and if we don't do our research here on the front-end, that voice will sound pretty absurd to a medical professional, I imagine.

General Mentality
Feeling good.  It's amazing what some time off work, productivity related to the nursery, and a plan for more productive days can do for the pregnancy nesting brain.

Belly
I'm all fanced up because we had to have our portrait taken for our church directory.  Notice my new, darker hair color.  Also, not sure if you can tell, but I got some great new makeup from my sister for Christmas, which (if I do say so myself) makes my skin look glowy. :)

I sort of forgot to take more than one - so here's our side shot:

Have an absolutely wonderful New Year's Eve!  Be safe and designate a driver or a cab!

No comments: