Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Sweet November!

It seems like I say this every month now, but I really can't believe it's already November.  Nov-em-ber!  Time is just flying by.  In four months, we will have a child.  A child who didn't even exist last November (or even in the beginning of 2011).  It's pretty crazy.

I also love today's date: 11/1/11 - but who doesn't?

November in Memphis is usually lovely.  The leaves change colors, the temperatures begin to cool off, we celebrate our anniversary, and there's Thankgiving (one of my fave holidays).  In addition, this year we'll have our first baby shower at the end of November.  What a great month! 

I've said it 1000 times, but Fall in my favorite holiday, so in honor of the end of the season, I'd like to soak up as much of it as I can this month before winter and the Christmas season.  Here are some things I'd like to accomplish this month.

-do lots of stuff outside before the cold
-eat more caramel apples dipped in nuts
-eat more pumpkin-flavored things
-watch lots of Lets Talk Turkey-themed shows on Food Network
-read about new Thanksgiving recipes for the year
-rake our yard (HA!  j/k - that's the last thing I want to do!)
-enjoy Fall produce while it's still yummy
-drink hot cocoa

What a great time of year!  Are you guys hoping to savor Fall while it's still here, or are you itching for the holiday season?  Any awesome Fall activities I'm missing (aside from drinking pumpkin ale [sad face])?

1 comment:

LB said...

Sadly we're already into the cold :( And it's already so dark so early - I'm dreading the "fall back" next weekend! We might try to make it to a corn maze - do they have those outside of Mem anywhere?