Thursday, November 10, 2011

Oh My Hair...

Tonight I'm getting my hair cut and I couldn't be more excited!  I think it might be the pregnancy hormones, but I definitely need to schedule less time in between my next cut.  It's looking shaggy.

I sort of feel like I'm at a crossroads with my hair right now.  I've made the decision to grow it out, all the while saying "I want to be able to wear it in a ponytail."  Well, as of right now, I can wear it in a pony, and while it's a short one, it's not so much so that it looks silly.  So I could stop here with the growing out.

The pro to having it this length is that I can wash it the night before and wear it down the next day and it looks good.  This is one of the only pros I can find, though, because I think it's generally sort of an awkward length.

The other thought is to keep growing it out (maybe to shoulder length?).  I think this length would look better, but the main negative to that (since, you know, opposites) would be that I'm not sure I could wash it the night before and have it look good the next day.  This has become so important to me; I can't imagine if I had to take a shower every morning before work, that seems like so much effort in the morning.  The night shower is perfect.

So I really don't know what to do!  Do I keep the length it is now (even though the style isn't as awesome as it could be) so I can continue with my night showers?  Or do I grow it longer, knowing it will look better, but completely changing my current routine?

(I know baby will throw a huge wrench in the plans.  Part of the reason I want to be able to put it in a pony is in anticipation of a lot less time spent getting myself ready.)

I think I might see if my new hairdresser (since my beloved old hairdresser moved to St. Louis) has any ideas about other ways to cut it when it's this length.  Maybe if we could snazz it up a little, I'd like it more at the current length...

Anyone have any awesome insight?

No comments: