Friday, November 25, 2011

Fetal Friday: 26 Weeks

I hope everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving!  My day began with the Macy's parade (which was LAME - did anyone else watch?  where were the balloons??  it was Broadway singer after Broadway singer), followed by the dog show.  And then we had dinner at one of my mom's neighbor's houses (our family and a few other families) and then everyone came back to my mom's house for dessert and games!  It was a fun group and an overall fun night!

Best part of being pregnant on Thanksgiving?  Maternity leggings.

How Big Is Baby?
The size of a cucumber: 15 inches, 2.2 lbs.

Symptoms
Nothing new - still a large amount of un-awesomeness with the tailbone.

Weight Gain
None this week - total gain: 15 pounds.  (Please note - these weigh ins take place on Thursday mornings, so this is pre-Thanksgiving binge - I'm guessing next week might be a 2-pounder...)

Exercise
1 yoga; 2 "official" walks (as in, "I'm going to take an exercise walk right now"); and a couple times walking the dog for short snippets of time.  It sounds really lame, but honestly, my tailbone hurts so much when I walk and I have to walk so slowly that the walk becomes more about building mental stamina (ie, "I can do this - I can work through the pain") than cardiovascular health.  The fastest I could go on the treadmill the other day was 3.2.  Literally.

Food Aversions / Cravings
Thanksgiving food!  Mmm!  And cookies - my mom has a lot of cookies at her house.

What I'm Looking Forward To
Our first shower this Saturday!

Preparations and Decisions Being Made
Decisions: if I eat one more helping of sweet potatoes, will my stomach be uncomfortably full, or just normal full?

General Mentality
Great, for the most part - the holiday has been lovely and I've just been relaxing and enjoying it.  I had a small breakdown the other day because my back cramped up so much I couldn't walk and I just couldn't envision three more months like this.  I think I'm going to call the acupuncturist on Monday and see what she says.

Belly
Sorry guys - we left our camera at home. :(

Have a happy weekend!

No comments: