Friday, November 18, 2011

Fetal Friday: 25 Weeks

Um, whoa.  Am I almost in my third trimester?  The exact weeks of the trimesters sort of confuse me, but it seems I would only have a maximum of two more weeks in the second, right?  (40/3 = 13.3)  That's weird.  the third trimester seems really pregnant to me - like, more pregnant than I feel, ha.

One of my big struggles this week (and looking forward to 15 more weeks) was/is going to be exercise.  I didn't really do much of anything this week except one yoga class and two walks with the dog.  It gets dark so early now that I feel little motivation to take Hank for a walk when I get home from work.  But at the same time, I feel a little guilty getting on the treadmill because I know he would really like a walk. 

And then there's my back.  Ugh.  It's definitely clear that the more exercise I do, the more it hurts.  (Ie, this week, it feels 300x better than it did the past two.)  But I want to be exercising!  I want to keep my weight gain appropriate and I want my body to be as physically prepared for labor as possible.  So I think I need to be willing to work through some of the back pain so I can reap the benefits of exercise.

I'd like to make a "goal" for how much I want to do each week (that I'll monitor in my weekly blog updates).  But I don't know what the goal should be!  My initial thought was 2 yoga classes and 3 (minimum 30 minute) walks per week.  But that's 5 days of exercise - is it too much?  Should I instead say 1 yoga class and 3 walks?  Or is yoga more important?  2 yoga classes and 2 walks?

Maybe we'll see how this week goes - with the ultimate goal of 2 yoga classes and 3 walks (but with importance placed on the walks).  Also, it's Thanksgiving week, so while it will be really easy to walk in St. Louis, there will be no yoga there (ie, I need to do that this weekend and early next week).

Ok - exercise tangent over - on to 25 weeks.

How Big Is Baby?
Baby is still the size of an, albeit bigger, eggplant this week: 9 inches; 2 pounds.

Symptoms
Nothing new (except for some stomach aches that might or might not be related to the babe).

Weight Gain
1 pound this week - total gain: 15 pounds

Exercise
As I said, 1 yoga, 2 walks.

Food Aversions / Cravings
Nothing new.  Still loving the French onion soup and butternut squash.

Last Doctor's Appointment
Not this week.

What I'm Looking Forward To
-Having an exercise plan in place.
-Eating my baby's weight at the Thanksgiving table.

Preparations and Decisions Being Made
We're trying to decide where to put the freaking huge/nice desk that's in our office.  Current thoughts: none.  There's nowhere else it will fit in our house (including storage locations like the attic and laundry room).  We don't want to sell it.  If we move it out of the house (to either a storage facility or Jonathan's office), we'll need to pay movers.  It's sort of a problem right now...

General Mentality
Feeling good.  Maybe a little more emotional than normal?  I also have this worry that "pregnancy brain" is making me forget to do a lot of things - so those "things" (if they even exist) are causing me a little anxiety.  Weird, I know.  Also weird is that I have a lot of anxiety about germs and getting sick as it gets colder and "the sickness" becomes more prevalent.  Stay away germs!  Wash your hands a lot, friends!

Belly
Here we are from the front:

And from the side (the baggy shirt doesn't make this a great pic, but whatev):

Have wonderful weekends!  I'm insane with excitement looking forward to seeing the new Twilight movie!

2 comments:

Emily said...

You look great Jackie! Love keeping up with you via the blog!

LB said...

I would title your pic "Professional Preg" - love it! Hope that back pain subsides. Maybe a heating pad would help? Or are you beyond heating pad pain...