Monday, October 31, 2011

Stl Time

Happy Halloween!  Even though we usually turn off our porch light and sit in the back room of the house, I think I'll run to Walgreens and get a bag of candy - just in case we have some kids stop by. I'm a little sad I didn't watch Hocus Pocus this year but lucky for Jonathan, it might be on tv tonight.

Anyway, my weekend had nothing to do with All Hallow's Eve.  On Thursday night (as I mentioned last week), I headed up to St. Louis for my high school reunion.  The weekend was packed full of stuff...here are some highlights.

1) Cardinals freaking domination!!  It was fun to be there (even though we live in a suburb quite a bit away from the city).  Everywhere you went, people were pumped up.  And David Freese (who graduated in my HS class) was named MVP - how great!

2) LOTS of maternity shopping.  In fact, I don't think I need to buy anything else (possibly for the rest of my pregnancy).  I now have a great assortment of work stuff and weekend stuff and stuff that can be worn for both.  And the resale maternity shop was awesome!  I got 4 dresses and a pair of work pants for $41!

3) Lunch with my sister on Friday - good to see her and catch up.

4) So much time with Ali, Claire, and Sarah!  Friday night we went over to Ali's parent's house and had dinner and watched the game (and met sweet baby James!!).  And Saturday before the reunion, we all met up at Sarah's and hung out.

5) Good, quality time with my mom.  And lunch at a lovely, cute place in Kirkwood on Saturday, Cafe Provencal.

6) The reunion itself.  There's a lot to say about it.  But the short version was that I had a good time.  I had a couple awkward conversations in the beginning, and after those decided I didn't really need to try to talk to everyone in the room - so the majority of the night was spent with Ali, Claire, and Sarah, and our friend Shayna who planned it.  We had a big group of friends in HS and really, no one else came on Saturday, which was a little sad.  Even though we don't all keep in touch anymore, I would've enjoyed catching up with people who actually were my friends back then.  Maybe the next one...

(For the record, David Freese did not show up.)

I think that's about it.  I enjoyed the lovely Fall weather and seeing all the beautiful leaves (Memphis hasn't quite hit full-on Fall color mode yet).  Overall, a great weekend in my hometown!

3 comments:

LB said...

I think FB has made reunions way, way less interesting. And I did the same thing at mine - finally gave up on making annoying chit chat and just talked to my close friends. Whoops!

katie said...

we kept joking about david freese showing up this weekend. we were picturing him going up to people being like, "so, what have YOU been up to the past 10 years?"

glad y'all had fun! sad i missed you!

b|rad said...

David Freese was at Bar Louie last night. Driving his brand new Corvette he got. Don't know why I felt the need to share that but well! I did! Glad you had fun and how crazy to be up here during the Cardinals win! I was on call IN the city and let me tell you, YIKES!