Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Escape to the Islands

Of late, I've been trying to cut back on my sugar intake.  It's not all that difficult.  But one place where I find myself constantly craving a sweet treat is after dinner.  I'm sure it's from years of dessert growing up, but my body likes to have a little taste of sweetness after dinner.  Fruit doesn't exactly sate the craving.  So, intrigued, I bought this at the grocery store.
All I have to say about this is holycrapamazingawesome!  Seriously.  It tastes like a pina colada.  Add a dash of Stevia (or your sweetener of choice), a dash of some kind of milk/cream product (I use soy creamer), and you're taken to the islands.  (I'm not sure if pina colada-flavored tea sounds gross in explanation, but I promise, it works.)  And it does a good job with my after-dinner sweet tooth; it's also nice to have a big cup of tea to sit and relax with.  I'm thinking when it's hotter outside, this will also be awesome on ice.

I was just so pleasantly surprised - especially given my somewhat shaky relationship with tea - I had to share with everyone.

(In other news, I'm pretty sure I saw the Lafayette Lancers play better basketball when I was in high school than the championship game last night.)

2 comments:

katie said...

mmmmm. i wonder if you could throw your concoction in a blender with some ice and have a frozen tea pina colada...

Sarah said...

I will definitely take your word for it because I have been enjoying "banana fro yo" ever since your last recipe. I now use 1 frozen banana, 2 ice cubes, a splash of skim milk, and a tablespoon - teaspoon of peanut butter. Love it. Will definitely try this tea as well.