- I love tomatoes and bananas, I hated them when I was younger.
- Around 1st/2nd grade my grandmother's Romanian next-door neighbor made traditional cookies with raisins. I came down with the stomach flu one night after eating them. To this day, I still don't really eat raisins.
- I hate pickles, but wish I liked them.
- I hate dill, too. Are dill & pickles related? I know there are "dill pickles" - is that the pickling method or a description about the pickle?
- I will eat many, many sauces with a spoon. Or I'll eat a french fry - but really just use it to eat more of the sauce into which I'm dipping. Mmm - sauce.
- I don't like red sauce on pasta. Take that in for a moment. That's probably my weirdest eating hangup.
- I like raw bell peppers, but I think they taste 100% worse once they've been cooked.
- I think cucumbers are overrated. And I don't love how some beauty products have a slight cucumber scent; it reminds me of face soap when I eat them. (Not in a good way.)
- I also think maple syrup is overrated. And often, I'd prefer a waffle/pancake without any.
- I used to be a Splenda-addict. But then a girl in my book club told me she heard Splenda was created in some weird way (maybe because they were testing poisons on rats?) - and I'm done with it now.
- As seen in the last example, I love hearing about weird
- I like non-traditional eating: breakfast for dinner/dinner leftovers for breakfast, etc.
- I cook a lot because I care about healthy eating - not necessarily because I absolutely love the act of doing it. (I obviously like it enough - or I probably wouldn't do it every night.)
- I do love baking, though. I wish I could bake every week and get really good at it. (But I don't because I'd probably weigh 200 lbs if I did.)
- I think brownies from a store-bought mix taste better than homemade.
- I love eating dough/batter while baking. Mmm!
Do you guys have any sort of weird food "confessions?"
Happy weekend! I'm trying my hand tonight at homemade pizza dough. I've never made it before. Hopefully it will work out...