Tuesday, February 1, 2011

More and More Southern Everyday

A good chunk of my beloved Midwest is currently hammered with snow and ice.  My mom is annoyed because her school district has to make up snow time at the end of the year, and at this rate, they'll be in school until July. 

But in Memphis?  We're coming off weekend temps in the 60s.  Saturday was absolutely gorgeous, with sunny skies and a high of 67.

And maybe - just maybe - even after all the complaining I do about the Memphis heat - maybe I can actually appreciate Southern temperatures in the middle of winter.  Because snow & ice is awesome in its own little way.  It is.  But going outside in flip flops with no coat in January?  It's pretty awesome.  Turning the heat off in the house in January?  It's pretty awesome.  Driving with windows down, sunglasses on (in January!)?  Pretty awesome.

So my midwestern friends - enjoy the snow/ice.  Play in it.  Notice how pretty it looks before cars make the nasty, grey snow mess.  Drink some cocoa.  Hopefully stay home from work and off the roads.

While I'm somewhat jealous - I'm also sort of not...

2 comments:

Sarah said...

I'm jealous. I love good weather and start to feel very blue after too much winter. However, I was excited this morning when I woke up and Wash U was closed due to ice and the impending snow. It reminds me of being a little kid and having school cancellations.

LB said...

Will do! I'm excited to take some pictures...because that's what you do when you're from Texas.