Friday, February 25, 2011

Fitness Friday

I had a pretty good week fitness-wise.  I worked out six days: two of just yoga, one of just walking, and three of walking and yoga.  It all felt pretty good, except that my knee still bothers me after I've speed-walked for awhile on it.  And also, after 4 days of yoga in a row, I was feeling a little tender in my lower back.  So I took a two day break (one of no exercise).

Last Friday I did a pretty cool thing.  So I knew work would be a slow and that my boss was going to be out, so I brought my yoga clothes and walked to my studio's downtown location for the 12-1 class.  It was awesome doing a hard class in the middle of the afternoon.  I had been slightly concerned about sweating, but I found that my body was able to cool off during shavasana, so when I put my work clothes back on, I was sweat free.
______________

A couple nights ago, I brought up with Jonathan that I'm somewhat interested in doing Weight Watchers.  Right now I weigh what I weighed when I got married.  I feel great about it - I really do.  But there's this little voice in the back of my head saying, "but how awesome would it be if you could just lose 5-10 pounds??"  And I think the new Weight Watchers plan sounds awesome because you can eat all fruits and not have to count them in your calorie log. All fruit - even bananas - zero points!  That's sounds so easy!

The idea popped into my head when one of the bloggers I read, Stephanie Klein, wrote about how she's been on WW for 3 weeks and has lost 12 pounds.  And she wasn't really fat to begin with, she's maybe just put on a little extra weight of late.  Her ultimate goal is to lose 25, which sort of puts her size in perspective.

But in the end, I probably don't need to lose weight.  I'm happy with where I am.  I like not counting calories and constantly keeping my phone with me at meal times so I can log food.

But just 5-10 pounds would be so awesome....

Anyway - happy weekend!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Sounds like a great week overall. I wish I had been so lucky. Missed two yoga classes since I had to work late both nights but was able to dial back the food a bit to make up for it. Still working towards my running goal motivated by you. Did 4 miles in 34 minutes 10 seconds on Monday, but those 2 minutes and 10 seconds from the goal feels like a LONG way away. Thanks for the motivation!

LB said...

If you're where you're at when you got married, then you look hot!

I think WW is more for people who don't understand how to eat healthy but need to learn so they can make a lifestyle change while losing weight. But you already know how to eat healthy. So really all it's going to do is make you start counting everything you eat...for better (temporary weight loss) or worse (obsession). You could re-read your own post from Jan 7th for a little reminder that no number on the scale will ever be the right one for you :)