Monday, January 24, 2011

Re-Cappage

We had a really fun, friend-filled weekend.

I kicked it off on Friday afternoon with an 8 (!!!) mile run on the treadmill.  According to the Nike GPS app, my stats were as follows: 8 miles; 8'30" average pace; 1:08:02 total time; and 980 calories burned.  It felt surprisingly good (many thanks to Oprah for the distraction - except for the tear-inducing final song that came on around mile 6, for that, I do not thank Oprah).  My knee started to hurt a little at the end of mile 6 - but nothing awful.

We then went with the newly-engaged Emily & Joe to Las Delicias for some much deserved Mexican food.  Seriously, I manhandled those chips & guac with the fury that only someone who'd just burned 980 calories could.  We had a night cap at Bari, which is quite possibly turning into one of my favorite spots in town.  Overall, a super fun night.

We ran errands most of Saturday during the day.  I had to get a birthday present for my dad, ie, the most difficult man in the world to shop for.  (The most difficult man in the world for which to shop.  Yes, I understand grammar rules.  I just think it sounds a little too high-brow in some instances.)  Anyway - I'm sort of excited about what I got him.  I really put my thinking cap on to come up with something great.

Then Saturday night we had a fabulous evening with our friends K.C. and Katheryn.  We went to Tsunami and had drinks at the bar followed by an incredible dinner.  I mean, a huge, wonderful dinner: a few appetizers, soups, salads, entrees, and dessert - oh my!  We followed with a night cap at The Beauty Shop.  Such a good night - so good to hang out with them.

Sunday was a normal Sunday (church, errands, cleaning of house, football, etc.), which was necessary after so much play.  All in all, a great weekend!

No comments: