Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Hung

Sunday morning, I was in a bad place.  We attended a lovely dinner party the night before at Anna/Kevin's.  In addition to a delicious spread of food, the champagne, wine, and Bailey's flowed freely the whole night.  Too freely.

The next morning, I had the stereotypical hangover: headache, extreme nausea, body aches, fever flashes - the works.

Now, if someone were to ask me what the best food is for a hangover, I'd direct them to Huey's.  It's a local burger joint where I'd promptly advise: a (veggie)burger, french fries, and a Diet Coke.  While this hasn't been scientifically proven, I'm willing to bet 9 out of 10 hangover sufferers agree that this food works wonders on the weary, post-drinking stomach. 

If the local burger joint isn't available, I'd recommend the greasy spoon breakfast place.  Upon entering, one should immediately place an order for: fried eggs, buttered toast, greasy hashbrown potatoes, and coffee.  Again - it would work wonders.

But what "hangover food" does one eat who's on a healthy-eating kick?  If you recall, my healthy-living plan only includes one day of food splurges (Saturday).  So when the hangover man came knocking at my door on Sunday morning, I didn't know what to do.  Is there a healthy alternative?

I can say with some certainty that my eggwhite scramble with spinach and black beans did not do the trick.  Did not.

Do you guys have any tried-and-true "cures" to the hangover blues?  Any thoughts on a healthy way to do it?

1 comment:

Jonathan said...

I advised starting drinking again, but was unheeded. Also, FYI, Jackie has a bruise from "sleeping" on the bathroom floor. Awesome.