Thursday, December 16, 2010

Great Days

What a lovely couple of days I'm having!

I took a half day yesterday (trying to use all my vacation time before year end), so I got to have a long lunch with Tiffany!  I haven't seen her since she moved to the UK three years ago.  It was fun to catch up and hear about her Euro life.

Then last night my book club did a holiday book exchange.  It was so fun!  I highly suggest if you have a book club, you think about doing this as well.  Everyone brought a book that they thought was really awesome.  And then we did a dirty Santa gift exchange.  Each time a book was unwrapped, the person who brought it explained why they liked it so much.  I ended up with The Raw Shark Texts by Steven Hall and I can't wait to read it!  Brooke, the girl who brought it, went to the same college as me (although she's a little older & I didn't know her) and the book was suggested to her by one of my English professors, so I think it'll be legit.

And then today - glorious day - I'm using up more vacation time, so I don't have to go to the office at all!  I might do a little Christmas shopping.  I might lay around.  I might get some fancy coffee from a coffee shop.  I might read.  I might bake.  The day is all mine!  Ahhh.

No comments: