Monday, November 8, 2010

One of the Best...

I'd willingly argue with anyone that the Sunday in November when we "Fall Back" is one of the best days of the year.  Now, I'm no fan of the implications of the day (dark at 5pm - no thanks), but that one day in November, when we basically have a 25 hour day, is awesome!

On my 25-hour day this year, I arose around 7:30, feeling 100% rested.  Since my mom was in town for the weekend, we had predetermined that we wouldn't go to church.  Instead, we went downtown to meet her at the hotel for breakfast/coffee before she headed out.

I then went out to Target and Whole Foods for a luxurious 2 hours of calm, pre-crowd shopping.  After we put all the groceries away at home, Jonathan and I headed out to the Greenline for a lovely hour of walking.  The weather was gorgeous and the trees were changing colors.

We also did three loads of laundry.  I cooked a new recipe (vegetable curry) for dinner.  We watched football.  I read a book.  It was a lovely, long Sunday.

In other news - happy belated birthday to Katie!

And....I finally got a Fall wreath for our front door.  It's not the prettiest wreath I've ever seen (not at all, actually), but it was only $15 at the Pottery Barn Outlet.  And my thoughts are that I could definitely buy some things to hot glue to it which might make it cooler.
And up close:

2 comments:

LB said...

I dig the new wreath!!

eleanorstrousers said...

I can't wait to decorate, but since I'm not cooking Thanksgiving this year I guess I'll have to hold off until Christmas decor is acceptable. Boo.