Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Ugh....

It's silly that I'm even saying this - but - I'm fed up with the weather!

Our Fall has been gorgeous this year.  Absolutely.  Temps have been in the high 70s/low 80s, and it hasn't rained in a month+ (aside from yesterday and this past Sunday).

So I know.  I shouldn't even say it.  But....I want a Fall!  I want chilly temperatures!  I want to turn the heat on in our house, wear boots, drink warm cocoa, and eat soup.  And I know - be careful what you wish for...  But I think I know what I'm wishing for!  It felt tropical outside yesterday morning - hot and humid and gross.

I'm wishing for a real Fall.

I should also say I'm fed up with weather.com.  What an awful website!  And while I generally check the National Weather Service for my legit weather updates, weather.com has an iPhone app.  So when I'm laying in bed in the morning wondering what the temp is outside, it's waaaaay easier to just click on an app than browse the (always slow) NOAA website.  But weather.com just can't get it right.  They really can't!  Yesterday, for example, it was chilly (like, low 60s) and weather.com had it listed as "feels like 74" for hours.

Apparently the high today is 81.  Awesome.  But maybe - just maybe - after today we'll start to really feel Fall (temps are predicted to drop tonight). 

Because really, should anything stand in the way of a woman and her boots?  Didn't think so.

1 comment:

LB said...

Brrrr it's cold in St. Louis today! Surely that will make it's way to Memphis...